Halal Certification Process - Details
Five simple steps for granting halal certificate:
- Halal certification application
- Application evaluation
- Halal certification agreement and price quote
- On-site audit
- Certification decision
On-site audit process:
- Opening meeting
- Document review and evaluation
- Plant inspection, step by step
- Closing meeting
- Audit report
Refusal to grant halal certification:
HFCE may refuse a halal certification application or refuse to issue a document verifying compliance with the halal requirements if:
- In HFCE’s reasonable opinion the client does not comply or fails to comply with the halal requirements, halal standards, or Islamic law.
- In HFCE’s reasonable opinion the client fails to comply with any of the obligations under the halal certification agreement.
Policy for suspension, withdrawal, or reduction of the halal certification:
The halal certification may be suspended if:
- The client persistently or seriously fails to meet the halal certification requirements.
- The client refuses to allow HFCE to conduct surveillance or recertification audits.
- The client requests suspension of the halal certificate.
The halal certification may be withdrawn if:
- The client fails to meet any of the terms and conditions in the halal certification agreement.
- The client fails to resolve any suspension issues within the defined time.
- The client requests withdrawal of the certificate.
The scope of halal certification may be reduced if:
- The client fails to resolve any suspension issues that affect only some of the halal certified products within the defined time.
- Some of the halal certified products fail to meet the halal requirements.
- The client requests a reduction in scope.
Policy for maintaining, extending and renewing the halal certificate:
- To maintain the halal certificate, client must continue complying with the halal requirements.
- HFCE may conduct surveillance audits to ensure that facility continue to meet the halal requirements.
- To extend the certification scope, client must submit a request to HFCE. Evaluation and approval decision are required before extending any certificate.
- If necessary, HFCE may conduct surveillance audit before the approval decision.
- For certification renewal, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Procedure for suspension, withdrawal, reduction, maintenance, extension, and renewal of halal certificate:
- All issues related to suspension, withdrawal, or reduction are reviewed by the Halal Certification Committee of HFCE.
- The Halal Certification Committee of HFCE is responsible for making all decisions related to halal certification including: granting, maintaining, renewing, extending, reducing, suspending, and withdrawing of halal certification.
- The client is notified of the Halal Certification Committee’s decision immediately.
- Suspended, withdrawn, and reduced certificates become invalid starting on the notification date.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.